If you were one of the lucky few who were able to catch Taylor Swift on her St. Paul Speak Now tour stop, then you know that this show was phenomenal. The set was reminiscent of Broadway. The sassiness of a true Cover Girl.
Swift sang few songs from her first two albums, Fearless and the self-titled Taylor Swift, which got me thinking about the true superiority of Speak Now.
It’s an album that you can truly listen to from start to finish. And you cannot say that about many albums today. With this in mind, I’ve given myself the task of picking my top five songs from Speak Now, in case you haven’t jumped on the Taylor bandwagon. You might want to after listening to these songs.
1. Enchanted: with the vivid imagery and melody of this song, how could you not feel “Enchanted”?
2. Never Grow Up: in a world where more importance is placed on beauty than intelligence, Taylor reminds us of the important things in life, which are often the things we take most for granted.
3. Dear John: The sassiness of this song is conveyed within seconds of the first guitar strum, which is very John Mayer-ish. But it’s not your typical breakup song. She conveys vulnerability, while being able to move on and analyze what went wrong. Don’t take my word though. You just need to listen to it.
4. Long Live: It’s about the fans. Where would Taylor be without them? Where would the fans be without Taylor in their lives? It’s a relationship that Taylor does not take for granted.
5. Mean: It’s all about the message of this song. Plain and simple. Plus, the catchy lyrics make it extremely difficult to get out of your head. “Why you gotta be so mean?”
If you haven’t had enough Taylor yet, then check out a video I made to remember Taylor’s tour stop in St. Paul. Phenomenal. Period.