It’s finally Friday. The weekend is almost here. So let’s discover a few songs for your weekend playlist.
1. “The Sun Will Rise” by Kelly Clarkson: I came across this song on YouTube — A Castle and Beckett shipper (Yes, I watch Castle and Beckett videos on YouTube. No embarrassment here!) set it to clips from the television show. Immediately, I had to buy it. The next thing I knew, I was outside running to this song and didn’t want to stop. Takeaway message: Even though you don’t think your hard work is paying off now, keep at it and you’ll be rewarded.
2. “Just Breathe” by Pearl Jam: This song is completely out of the realm of what I normally listen to, but the combination of his deep and rugged voice and the light and uplifting music is the perfect combination.
3. “Good Intent” by Kimbra: If you combined Katy Perry and Christina Aguilera, then you’d get Kimbra. She’s known for her vocals in the popular song, “Somebody That I Used to Know,” with Gotye. While I can’t stop playing that song, I absolutely love this video. It’s very Christina Aguilera in her “Back to Basics” phase and it was featured on Grey’s Anatomy. Love the vocals, dance and aesthetic of this video.
4. “What Doesn’t Kill You (Stronger)” by Glee Cast: Love love love the original version by Kelly Clarkson, but something about this version makes me want to jump around and shout it for everyone to hear. It’s simply empowering. It’s an anthem. And it reminds me of Zumba class. Stand up, press play and dance it out.
5. “Come and Find Me” by Josh Ritter: I introduced this song to a friend and her response was, “If John Mayer sounded more like Jack Johnson, then this is what it would sound like.” I couldn’t have said it better my self. Ritter’s voice and the simplicity of the music take you on a lyrical journey.
You’re sure to find a song that fits your mood.
Let’s talk — Do you have any suggestions? I’d love to hear them.