Recently I had a conversation with a friend in which it became very clear how brand loyal I am.
Why am I so brand loyal? The answer is two fold. One, branding allows you to know what type of product to expect based on past interactions with it. I want the product to be worth the money I paid for the product. And two, brands act as an extension of you or the person you aspire to be. If their key messages don’t coincide with mine, then good luck getting me to interact with your product.
So, what is a brand?
In 1980, The Oxford American Dictionary defined brand as “a trade mark, goods of a particular make: a mark of identification made with a hot iron, the iron used for this: a piece of burning or charred wood.”
Today, according to the book, “Brands and Branding,” a brand is defined as “in its passive form, the object by which an impression is formed, and in its active form the process of forming this impression.”
Our world has become one big advertisement. But how do brands differentiate themselves from other similar brands? Simply put, build and establish brand trust.
What’s brand trust? It blends brand reputation from various perspectives that include customers, investors and employees.
Why did they choose us? Why do they choose us? And, why will they continue to choose us?
Well, tarte, which I have selected as the first brand of the week, was created in 1999 by Maureen Kelly because she “couldn’t find healthy, nourishing cosmetics — everything I found was full of unhealthy, synthetic formulas,” according to Kelly on the tarte website.
As I visited Sephora the other day, it hit me. Every time I go in there I follow the same path — first stop, the new products, second stop, the tarte section. It’s the center of the universe, at least my Sephora universe. I can describe the store set up in relation to tarte’s location.
So you might be asking yourself, “Why tarte?”
- Tarte products consist of high-performance naturals, which includes their skinvigorating ingredients. I’m concerned with everything I put in my body. Today everything is full of chemicals and synthetic components, which leads me to my next point.
- Tarte products are formulated without parabens, phthalates and synthetic fragrances. Why does this matter? Because these substances have been known to clog your pores, cause breakouts and, ultimately, hinder your natural beauty from shining through.
- Tarte products are packaged in recyclable or post-consumer recycled material. But don’t let recyclable packaging fool you. The packaging is one of my favorite parts — the signature deep, jewel-toned purple mixed with runway-inspired cases and compacts.
Let’s get to the best part — the products. I LIVE and LOVE to play with these products at Sephora, and they have become staples in my beauty routine. I hope they will become staples in your beauty routine because, yes, they’re that GREAT!
- EmphasEYES Amazonian clay waterproof liner: You’re probably thinking, “What happens if I make a mistake? Black eyeliner is unforgiving.” Don’t be nervous. This formula blends nicely but it’s waterproof formula means it won’t smear or smudge. It also comes in six different shades. Tip: use your breath to slightly warm up the eyeliner because I’ve found doing so allows it to blend better.
- Amazonian clay bronzer in Park Ave Princess: I first received this bronzer as a deluxe beauty sample from Sephora a few years ago and have been using it ever since. My skin is light, and this doesn’t make me look like I am auditioning to be a cast member on Jersey Shore. It’s perfect for winter and summer, and it’s fragrance-free formula won’t clog your pores — Another added benefit! For an all over glow, check out Smooth Operator Amazonian clay finishing powder in bronze.
- Smooth Operator Amazonian clay illuminating serum: Do you want to be the epitome of healthy, radiant skin? Well then, this product is for you. And the best part, it doesn’t matter if you have dry or oily skin because Amazonian clay minimizes oil, balances skin and hydrates skin to naturally restore moisture. I received a small sample in a gift set from Sephora (it’s a recurring theme in this story!) before the full-size product was released and would constantly go to Sephora to see if it was available yet. It’s perfect. It illuminates without appearing oily or greasy.
- Amazonian Clay 12-hour Blush: I absolutely ADORE this blush. In the beauty community, many people believe NARS’s blush in orgasm is the most universally flattering color. But I would have to disagree. This blush, much like many of the other tarte products, uses Amazonian clay and blends extremely well. It also comes in a range of colors and a shimmering version is also available. I’m obsessed with blissful, a warm peach color, and the flush red color, natural beauty.
- LipSurgence Lip Tint: One of the best things about having a sister — playing with her makeup. I constantly would sneak into my sister’s room to play with these lip tints until I finally received my own. They come in a wide variety of colors and are the perfect accessory for spring. Plus, they give you a pop of minty-fresh breath. If you’ve ever used the tarte cheek stains, then you will absolutely love these tints.
Whether you’re a fan of tarte or a newcomer to this earth-friendly beauty brand, you will not be disappointed with these products. I promise you that.
You must be thinking, “Where can I get my hands on these products?”
- The official tarte website
- QVC — Friday, March 16, the Miracle of Maracuja value kit will be available only on QVC. Check it out here!
Happy Thursday, Tartelettes!
Be inspired. Have fun.
Source: Tarte Cosmetics