We’re hours away from the premiere of the highly anticipated movie “The Hunger Games.” I can barely contain my excitement, so I will channel that energy into a post.
These are the songs I can’t stop playing this week. They capture the essence of the warm temperatures sweeping across the Midwest mixed with the gloomy drizzle.
Here it goes.
1. “Eyes Open” by Taylor Swift: The Hunger Games soundtrack was released on March 20, and with its release came another song by Taylor Swift. This song is different than the first song released from the soundtrack, “Safe & Sound,” and her normal sound — It’s slightly more rock. “Everybody’s watching. Everybody’s waiting for you to break down.”
2. “Feels Good At First” by Train: I’m still not over “Drive By.” This is the first single from Train’s album titled “California 37,” which can be pre-ordered on iTunes. It will be released on April 17.
3. “Gypsy” by Shakira: This song was introduced to me in Zumba class for our cool down dance routine. I immediately fell in love with it. Any description I write of this song wouldn’t do it justice. Have a listen for yourself.
4. “Stars and Boulevards” by Augustana: Spring makes me reminiscent of the past and the person I am today. A few years ago, I was obsessed with Augustana’s “All The Stars and Boulevards” CD, which is why I have started listening to this song again. Enjoy!
5. “Starships” by Nicki Minaj: Every time Nicki releases or is featured on a song I can’t help but love it. Starships is no exception. It’s perfect for rollerblading down the sidewalk as the sun shines. Enough said.
What songs do you have on repeat?
Happy Hunger Games!