All great stories must come to an end and, unfortunately, I am two chapters away from the end. Thankfully, Katniss and her fellow tributes will light up the big screen in 31 days, as The Hunger Games movie is released.
Will the girl on fire survive? If so, will she choose Peeta or Gale? But before we jump into the romance, I should ask whether or not both Peeta and Gale will survive?
I don’t want to discuss the plot and spoil any secrets for those of you who haven’t read Mockingjay yet. Instead, I’ll discuss secrets of The Hunger Games film, which comes out March 23, courtesy of Glamour Magazine‘s March issue with Amanda Seyfried on the cover.
And here are some secrets from the film:
1. Jennifer Lawrence, who starred in the four-time Oscar nominated film, “Winter’s Bone,” beat out Abigail Breslin, Emma Roberts and Hailee Steinfeld for the role of Katniss Everdeen.
2. Lawrence trained with Olympic archer Khatuna Lorig to perfect her archery technique for the film — she shot about 100 arrows a day.
3. Let’s take a trip down memory lane — Suzanne Collins, author of The Hunger Games, also wrote the Nickelodeon favorite TV show, “Clarissa Explains it All.” According to the magazine, Collins developed the concept for the book “while channel surfing between reality TV and actual war coverage.”
4. The movie required 35 full-time makeup artists, and more than 450 wigs were used to create the look for the movie. But Katniss’ look was much more low maintenance and only required 20 minutes to recreate her signature braid, as chronicled in the book.
5. Taylor Swift, one of my personal favorites, recently released the music video for “Safe & Sound,” which is featured on the movie’s soundtrack. As a person who is biased in regard to Taylor, I must admit this song is completely different sound for her and truly showcases her vocal range. Don’t take my word for it, watch it below.
The soundtrack, which will be released on March 20, will feature songs from Arcade Fire, Miranda Lambert, Kid Cudi and Glen Hansard, among many other artists, according to The Hollywood Gossip.
Only one month until The Hunger Games — what to do until then?
The Hunger Games in the media:
The Hunger Games Beauty: Where Can we Get a Full Body Polish? Courtesy of Allure Magazine.
The Hunger Games’ stroke of marketing genius: Capitol Couture, an alternate reality fashion magazine via CultureMap — Houston
Jennifer Lawrence “Remarkable” in “The Hunger Games” — “Once in a generation, you find this kind of talent,” director Gary Ross says via MTV News
The Hunger Games: Theatrical Trailer #2 via The Hunger Games Movie official website
Source: Glamour Magazine