Love — it’s the theme of this playlist. An unknown love. A first love. A love for life. A love for anything. So let’s get started.
1. “I Wish” by One Direction: I’ve finally jumped on the latest British boy band invasion. Recently, I downloaded Spotify in an attempt to save money rather than purchasing every song I like on iTunes (Yes, it saves money but you can’t put them on CD), and I kept listening to this song over and over again, which is why I have included it here. The song is about a boy who is in love with a girl and, of course, she’s with another guy. Maybe it’s the love triangle but this story line always tears at my heart. It’s “tearing me apart because you don’t see.”
2. “Gold Forever” by The Wanted: Make moments that you can love forever. Make each day stay “gold forever.” Yes, this is another British band (I just can’t resist them!) but the message is clear — don’t take a moment for granted — realize and accept what you’re fortunate enough to have in front of you.
3. “Both of Us” by B.o.B featuring Taylor Swift: Dear iTunes, you should automatically download anything with Taylor Swift into my library upon release. Plain and simple. Thanks. I’m going to buy it, much like I did when John Mayer released “Half of my Heart” featuring Taylor and then, of course, she was barely in the song (Clever marketing, Mr. Mayer. Well played.). What do I love most about this song? Taylor doesn’t let labels keep her from collaborating with people outside of the country music genre — The Civil Wars — and now B.o.B. Love. Can’t stop playing this song.
4. “Stronger” by Ed Sheeran: You’ve probably already heard this song but didn’t realize it — It’s featured in the latest Victoria’s Secret commercial. That commercial captures the essence of this song. The sun shining. The palm trees blowing in the wind. Two people on a beach. The combination of his voice and the music is bliss — almost whimsical.
5. “Distance” by Christina Perri: The simplicity of the lyrics speaks volumes. I’d classify this as the female point of view in regard to the One Direction listed above. If you love this song, then you should also listen to “Arms.” Love Christina Perri and the honesty of her music.
What do you love? Who ever it is or whatever it is, tell them you love them or just get out and do what you love most.
I love love.